4 Myrtle Court
~Do you hear the river’s song?~
What? River Ceremony
When? 07/07/2021 – 7.30 PM UK / 20:30 CET
Where? 4 Myrtle Court, Downfurrows (Shire Homestead)
Every year the Furrowfolk of the Shire hold a celebration in honour of rivers and its maidens.This year we extend our invitation beyond our kin and we welcome all (honorary) hobbits!
We would appreciate it if you would come dressed in white or blue, to honour the river and its purity. We will also award a prize to the best River Maiden outfit!
The agenda for the night goes as follows:
The opening ceremony will take place at 4 Myrtle Court, Downfurrows, Shire Homesteads.
- River Poem: A river themed poem will be read by “Summertime-Bard” Grufforic to open the night.
- River Dance: The Furrowfolk will be playing a traditional River Dance tune that will surely get your feet moving!
- Costume Contest: The hobbit with the best “River Maiden inspired” outfit will win a lovely robe.
- Community Performances: Would you like to sing a river themed song? Or perhaps read your very own river themed poem or story? Please inform Grufforic so we can reserve a spot for you!
-River Feast and Birthday Bash-
After the ceremony we will be heading right next door to 5 Myrtle Court where plenty of food and drink will await us! This part of the celebrations allows for plenty of socializing, but also for those who require a nap to do so.
- Brandywine Extravaganza: Do you like Brandywine? So do we! Let’s appreciate the Brandywine River and Brandy wine at the same time.
- Birthday Bash: The river celebrations coincidentally take place on Grufforic’s birthday. Be sure to wish him a happy birthday!
We hope to see you there!
Signed, Grufforic Burrows