Date: Every Friday
Time: 7:30PM UK time (usually 2:30PM servertime)
Location: Green Dragon Inn, Bywater, Laurelin server
Weekly hobbit gathering at the Green Dragon inn in Bywater, running ever since May 18 2008. This is an event for and by hobbits, although a few visiting traveling dwarves are always welcome. It is also a 100% in-character event, so don’t go talking about things not belonging in Middle Earth! Come along for songs, dances, poetry, tales, riddles, news and much grand roleplaying! And do offer yer own entertainment, if yer like!
Sometimes, we’ll run “Lone Bard Fridays”, where we only allow solo or duo performances. This is to limit the impact of big bands at the Dragon, and allow newcomer performers a chance to show their skills.
At other times over the year, GDF will move to other inns in the Shire. The new years party is usually held at the Plough and Stars in Brockenborings, while we always escape Bywater when the mayor hosts the Farmer’s faire in the late summer.
Please note the guidelines for the event:
1) Participate! Although there are usually hosts present to move things along, this event is only monitored by persons, not run. Nobody is there to entertain you all night long. Be active and interact with the others. Don’t bring lots of dual-boxing alts who just stand there staring at each other, it is somewhat creepy. Bring your own input! Its jolly important that this never ends up being a one-hobbit show.
2) Prepare! Try to bring a riddle, a poem, a song, a short rhyme, a lecture, some juicy gossip or the likes. Let the host know that you’d like to entertain or bring something to the hobbits attention, preferably early in the night. If you don’t use it, or if it is not time to use it (sometimes its just not possible to squeeze everything into one night), there’s always next week!
3) Live the Shire! This event follows the lore in that it tries to be a lively hobbit night at the inn. Keep chat in-character and avoid forced emotes, fireworks, apple throwing/snowballs, etc. Don’t discuss events or happenings on other servers or outside of hobbit interest, we’re aiming to strengthen hobbit roleplaying in the Shire on Laurelin. Also, please try to keep entertainment (songs, stories, rhymes, poems and so on) in tune with the game world, suitable for hobbits living in the Shire. With regard to .abc music, try to steer away from well-known pop/rock songs and the latest top 10 chart contents. Less Lady Gaga! More folk music! Reels, jigs, waltzes, hornpipes and the likes are always popular and will soon have the hobbits dancing!
4) Play a hobbit (or dwarf)! This is a hobbit event. If men and elves wishes to attend this night, please roll a hobbit or ‘travelin’ dwarf. The Shire, although blessed with the ‘odd’ outsider, was not the ‘in’ place to be seen if you were a man-folk or (especially) an elf. We’d like to try keep the event as lore-appropriate as possible, based on the Middle Earth you’ll find in the books. Try out the hobbit RP for size instead, you know you want to! You will find you get MORE RP this way!
5) Enjoy yourself! Green Dragon Friday reserves the right to be as flexible, as quiet, as busy, as chaotic, as peaceful, as jubilant as it just happens to be on the night. Few things are planned, most just happen. The whole point is for you lot to meet each others’ characters, chat about whatever you’ve been up to IC’ly, have a good laugh with friends. It’s the people that make the night. If you’re the first to arrive, don’t run off! More will follow, they always do!
Contact: Lina, Grand Order of the Lost Mathom.