Be quick on the draw!
Yule is getting even nearer, and what better thing to do than to make a large drawing to greet yer friends a very merry yuletide? Not much! So here we go!
Date: Tuesday December 13
Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
Location: Frerin’s Court, Thorin’s Gate, Ered Luin
This is the second meetup for this year’s hobbit Yule drawing.
What will happen this year? Will there be ballets with purple snow beasts or surprise parties for old lonely hobbits? Will Shire animals fight in the fields, or will them youngsters sigh over a lack of snow in the Shire? Take part to find out! Gather near the big statue in Frerin’s Court on Tuesday, and we’ll take it from there!
Once again, I’d like to make a yule video with as many hobbit players on Laurelin as possible. The video will be released December 24th, in the Hobbity Yule Calendar.
For this second video shoot, please remember:
- Dress up festive for Yule
- Crafters? We might shoot some scenes of yer preparing things for Yule. Definitely of cooks preparing food
- If you have pig pets available, we might use some of them during the shoot
- Lanterns/torches or other light sources are grand, have them available
- Be on time, so we can start early with instructions (and so you don’t get hit by chat bugs when loading in late…)
When we shoot the video, please remember to:
- DISABLE ALL SPEED BUFFS! Hunters, I am especially looking at you and the “Find the path” skill, please disable it
- Do not have any pets summoned, until called on
- If you need to go AKF, run away from where we are so you don’t interrupt our shoot
- Try to avoid speaking in /say, use the raid (/ra) or our dedicated chat channel instead
- Be prepared to follow orders
- Join the creative chaotic fun!
In addition to the video shoots, I’d also love it if all hobbits sent me an individual screenshot of themselves in-game, in a festive/merry/yule motive. I can use those in the end credits of the video.
Formatting of the screenshots:
- The higher resolution, the better.
- Use widescreen format (16×9 or similar), don’t cut out just a small picture of yourself.
- Don’t add any effects or text to the images. Turn off UI elements, NPC names, etc.
- Make sure the screenshots aren’t too dark.
- Send the screenshots to me before end of December 20th, at the very latest! Use this email:
For inspiration, here is the yule video from last year.