We got them, see the video here!
Edit December 19th: The video of the trees is now finished, you can see it here!
Original article: Pycella is currently organizing the hobbity yule calendar over on the Grand Order noticeboard. There are lots of grand entries already, but there is one thing we’d love to add there:
Photos of the local yule/Christmas trees where LOTRO players live! Aye, the real-world trees, not game yule trees near your housing in LOTRO. We’ll make a picture series or even a video of them, for a late calendar entry near yule!
Why? Well, first of all, us hobbit love yule, it is the biggest holiday in the Shire (besides Midsummer). So we’d love to see how other hobbits (or elves, men or dwarves) celebrate their yule, including what the yule trees look like where they hail from. We hope you do too, and that you’re willing to help out!
So, please, pretty please, send us a photo/picture of yer local yule tree. Of course, many will not decorate their trees before nearer yule. That’s no problem! We’d love pictures of:
- Public yule trees near where yer live (in squares, near yule markets, in communal areas, etc.)
- Yule trees in your office
- Yule trees in your garden
- Or the one in yer home, if yer already decorated yours
We need your photos Monday December 17th at the latest.
- Please send them by e-mail to Pycella at (pycellawoodberry[at]gmail.com). Alternatively, send them to me, and I’ll forward them to Pycella.
- Please also include in your mail where in the world it is taken (not the street address, but something like: Oslo/Norway).
- Also, if the photos include people, please make sure they don’t mind being included in a public picture series/video.
We look forward to hearing from yer! Let’s make it a forest of yule trees!