Farmer Sandson keeps selling chickens out of bounds, and once again he has asked us hobbits to help bring our feathery friends safely off to elven lands. Welcome to another grand chicken run towards Rivendell!
Date: Sunday November 10
Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
Location: Meet at Farmer Sandson’s farm, Delving Fields, The Shire, Laurelin server
This event involves some players taking on one of the “Flying the Coop” Chicken Quests (ideally it will be the “Flying the Coop — Trollshaws” quest, since it lasts the longest) and then attempting to walk/run to Rivendell as a rather defenseless chicken. A number of participants will also need to act as herders, mainly to protect the chickens from harm. Whether you want to play a chicken, or be a herder, can be decided on the day.
For guides on the chicken quests , see Lotro Wiki.
- There are a number of introductory quests you have to do before getting the “Flying the coop quests”, see the quest lists in the linked page above. If you plan to be a chicken, you should have done these before meeting up for the chicken run.
- You don’t actually have to complete the “Flying the Coop — Trollshaws” quest when you get to Rivendell, if you’d like to keep it open for a later run too!
- While being a chicken, you cannot speak to your herders. We’ll likely have at least one chuck who’ll be in touch with the herd team. The chickens can join a separate chat channel, though, to be announced on the day. Expect a lot of Cluck Norris jokes!
- Here are reports and pictures from our previous chicken run. They are grand fun, so be very welcome!
- When we head through the world, we often get other players joining the herding team. This is very much encouraged! Yay!